Getting To the Nugget of the Mining Indaba
The Investing in African Mining Indaba is a yearly exhibition and conference focusing on mining development and capitalisation in Africa. With an 18 year history the Investing in Mining Indaba is the premier event for investing in African mining.
The world’s most influential investors and stakeholders attend this event at the Convention Centre in Cape Town. There are over six thousand five hundred representatives hosting stands with exhibition banner displays, forums and speaker sessions.
Events at the Mining Indaba
The annual Mining Indaba is a key forum for mining analysts, investment specialists, fund managers and governments to get together and make decisions pertaining to African mines. By sharing ideas and opinions, attendees can get the latest developments from leading experts. There are exhibition banner displays and many other interesting sessions to provide insight and information:
- Keynote Speakers – some of the leading authorities share their insight on the state of African mining. Amongst the more notable keynote speakers in recent years are Tom Butler, Dr. Barry Eichegreen and Dr. David Evans.
- Feature Speakers – along with the keynote speakers some feature speakers are invited to give their analysis and expert opinions on mining. Some feature speakers who have graced the Mining Indaba include Ibukun Adebayo (London Stock Exchange), Ben Aryee (CEO Ghana Mineral Commission), Mamdou Barry (World Bank) and Ian Benning (CEO ZYL Limited).
- Exhibition Banner Displays – There are many representatives from various companies and organisations with stands. Professionals are geared to provide information and share ideas on the latest trends and display their products and services. By showcasing exhibition banner displays they can illustrate the latest technologies and information pertaining to the mining industry.
- Securities Exchange Sessions – These are sessions designed specifically to assist delegates and sponsors with education in areas of mining. These areas include natural resources, capital markets, liquidity and diverse investment opportunities. Financial and legal experts take the floor and share information. The session ends with a Q & A and social networking.
- Discussion on Sustainable Development – Member companies discuss the challenges of sustainability with regard to their core business practices. Areas of discussion include climate change and sustainability issues that Africa will face in the next 20 years. Business strategies are analysed and questions are asked on how it can be aligned to contribute to growth and development, while minimising the environmental impacts that are negative. Conservation and mining are also addressed and the biggest constraints are looked at and discussed.
- Gala Dinner – There is an annual Gala dinner which is highly anticipated. This limited attendance event is a way for delegates and attendees to mix in an informal environment. It is hosted each year at the lush and breath taking gardens of the Vergelegen Estate.
The Investing in African Mining Indaba is an event that is at the forefront of African mining. With the thousands of representatives and attendees, it is the pace to be if your business has any dealings with mining and investment in mining.