| Terms & conditions
Who you are contracting with:
• www.scandisplay.co.za (the "website") is owned and operated by Scan Display Solutions (Pty) Ltd, registration number: 1996/014286/07 and VAT number: 4350176055 (hereinafter referred to as "Scan").
• Visitors to the Website ("users" or "you"), including those Users who purchase any products on the Website ("purchasers") are bound by these terms and conditions ("T&C"). If you do not agree to these T&C, do not continue to use the Website. Your continued use of the Website will constitute acceptance of the terms & conditions, unmodified by you.
• Stocks of all goods on offer are limited. Scan shall take all reasonable efforts to ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued. However, should Scan be unable to fulfil any order placed by you at the advertised price due to stock having sold out, Scan will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such product, as explained in more detail in the Refund Policy (below).
Agreements of sale:
Placing a product in a shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not:
• constitute an agreement of sale; and/or
• constitute an order for such product,
and as such, Scan may remove such product from the shopping basket if stock becomes unavailable and you cannot hold Scan liable if such product is not available when the purchase cycle is completed at a later stage.
An agreement of sale only comes into effect if and when:
• you electronically submit a properly completed order for one or more products in your shopping basket; and
• payment is either authorised, or received by Scan in its bank account.
Termination of sales & cancellation of orders:
• By Scan: Scan reserves the right, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud , to refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any sale concluded between you and Scan, in whole or in part, on notice to you. Scan shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you (see Scan’s Refund Policy in this regard), and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such refusal to process any order/sale.
• By You: Save for certain exceptions, and subject to certain charges, the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 ("ECT Act") entitles you to cancel any sale concluded on this Website within 7 days after date of receipt of the goods and to obtain a full purchase price refund. You may also cancel a sale where delivery is delayed beyond the stipulated delivery date/timeframe (or where none is specified, beyond 30 days from the order date). Please read the Refund Policy for further details in this regard.
Amounts payable by you:
The price of each product is displayed with the product listing. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price is displayed.
Delivery charges differ depending on a variety of factors, including product type, price, and weight, as well as whether delivery is to be made within, or outside, the borders of South Africa. The amount payable for delivery will be calculated for items when you add them to your shopping basket.
Value Added Tax:
Value added tax at the rate of 14% is charged on goods bought by South African residents. VAT is not payable on orders if both the billing and the shipping address are international.
Import duties may be payable by recipients of goods in foreign countries. Scan does not know what import duties/levies may be payable and cannot calculate or estimate such costs. You are responsible for determining whether any such import duties/levies are payable and, if so, the amount thereof.
Scan shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately indicate prices and delivery charges. However, should products be erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, Scan will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, but shall refund monies paid by you should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.
Your payment for any products ordered from Scan must be made to Scan’s bank account with your credit card.
At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and payment is collected immediately. If bank’s authorisation is not obtained, the order will be cancelled.
Where we deliver: Scan delivers to addresses both within and beyond the borders of South Africa.
Inside the borders of South Africa
All Scan items listed on the Website have an indication of the delivery time:
• 3 to 5 working days, so that an order placed on Friday will be delivered between Wednesday and Friday the following week, should no public holidays fall within that week.
• However, should artwork and printing be required additional time will be required for this. The time needed to finalise the artwork will depend on its complexity and quantity of artwork. Once the client had approved the artwork, up to 48 hours will be required for printing before the item can be couriered to you. 3 to 5 days will then be required for delivery.
Outside the borders of South Africa
Goods to the following international destinations are sent as follows:
• African countries - delivery to a post office in such African country only;
• All other countries - via airmail parcel post or via courier (the costs of courier delivery usually being very high and determined on an ad hoc basis).
Delivery usually takes place within 2 or 3 weeks after dispatch, however, seasonal peaks and delays at customs is outside the control of Scan and deliveries may take up to 12 weeks.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
• Delivery periods are only regarded as having commenced upon payment confirmation being received by Scan.
• Scan makes every effort to ensure that the information supplied on the Website is accurate. Where delays and out of stock situations occur, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the Purchaser.
Cooling off period:
Save for certain exceptional cases (as listed below), Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT Act”) entitles you to cancel any sale concluded on this Website within 7 days after date of receipt of the goods and to obtain a full purchase price refund within 30 days thereafter, subject to being charged by Scan, as the case may be, for the return of the goods. You will thus be able to return certain products that you are not satisfied with for any reason within such 7 day period.
Section 42(2) of the ECT Act sets out all the exceptions to the aforesaid ‘cooling-off right’. The exceptions include the following products in respect of which NO cooling off period shall apply:
• Printed artwork or branding, the design of which would have been approved by the client before proceeding with the print.
You will only be entitled to a refund in respect of the exceptions listed above in the event and to the extent that any such refund is provided for under the express provisions of this Refund Policy herein below.
If a product purchased is not delivered within the agreed delivery period, or where no specific period was agreed, within 30 days after having purchased the Product, the ECT Act entitles you to cancel such sale on 7 days notice to Scan.
Should a product purchased be unavailable Scan must notify you and issue a full refund within 30 days after such notice.
Refunds on purchases from Scan:
Early cancellations – penalty free*
You are entitled to cancel (either in whole or in part) any sale without attracting any cancellation and/or administration charges if you cancel prior to the design, printing or manufacturing of the products so sold. Cancellations can be effected via Scan (at +27 11 447 4777).
* If timeously cancelled as aforesaid, you will be fully refunded in respect of such cancelled sale (including delivery charges), without any administrative or other charges being payable; provided that, should a sale only be partially cancelled and delivery charges as re-calculated on the value of the revised order exceed the delivery charges as calculated on the original order, you shall be liable for the amount of such excess delivery charges.
Defective / damaged / unsuitable products:
GENERAL RULE: If, within 6 months after delivery of a product to you, you find that the product is:
• defective / faulty / unsuitable for the purpose for which it was indicated in the product description (or otherwise generally intended), not legal, or not reasonably durable (based on circumstances and product type) (hereinafter referred to as being “Defective”); and
• you arrange to return such product to Scan for inspection (at Scan’s expense) by notifying Scan via email (to email@example.com) or via the office (at +27 11 447 4777),
and the product is subsequently found -
• to indeed be Defective, you are entitled to either (a) have the product repaired or replaced at Scan’s expense, or (b) be fully refunded;
• NOT to be Defective, you will be liable for the costs incurred in having such product returned to Scan and then re-delivered to you.
When is a product 'defective’? Please note that the following issues/problems will NOT render the product Defective as aforesaid and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund:
• faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
• where you, or someone unauthorised to do so by Scan, has altered or damaged the product;
Exceptions to the general rule:
• Special Offers: If the product was ordered pursuant to a “Special Offer” and such product is no longer being offered at the special price, should you elect to have the product repaired or replaced (as opposed to being refunded), Scan will only be able to repair, not replace same.
Manufacturer’s Warranties/Guarantees: All products may carry additional manufacturer’s warranties/guarantees for 12 months from the date of purchase, except for the Wing pull up banner range and Premiere pop up range which have a lifetime guarantee for the hardware.
• The warranties and guarantees cover normal wear and tear or defects, and will not apply in a situation in which there has been gross negligence.
Products which are NOT defective, damaged or unsuitable as discussed above, but which you want to return for whatever reason, can be returned within 7 days from delivery, as explained above under ‘Cooling Off Period’.
Processing of refunds:
Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall by done by credit card (i.e. the form of payment originally made for the purchase).
Scan Display reserve the right to post, from time to time, additional rules of usage that apply to the Website. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your agreement to comply with these additional rules.
You agree that this Agreement shall, for all purposes, be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and specifically the Consumer Protection Act. Any action based on, related to or alleging a breach of this Agreement must be brought in a court in Johannesburg. In addition, both parties agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
If you don’t agree to the terms contained in this Agreement, please exit the Website.