Investing in African Mining Indaba 2018
If you are in the mining business, Mining Indaba 2018 is drawing near. From 5 to 8 February, the Investing in African Mining Indaba 2018 will take place in Cape Town, at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC). The Mining Indaba 2018 will be more extensive than ever, with dedicated areas designed to host certain groups of people attending the event. There is more than enough space for exhibitions as well, giving you the opportunity to get your company’s name out there, in order to find the right investors and customers, and ensuring that you have a successful 2018 lying ahead of you.
Various sponsors and investors are also lined up to attend the event, including the official contractor for Mining Indaba 2018 – Scan Display. With the vast amount of space available for exhibitions, Scan Display has a couple of solutions that can assist you to make the most of your exhibition stand. The location of your exhibition will also be very important, and will have an influence on the level of exposure you get, as there are dedicated areas at this year’s event to ensure that investors and mining companies can get together in a controlled environment, and discuss their business.
Mining Indaba 2018 Floor Layout
It is paramount to know where specific areas are at an event like this, so that you can plan your day ahead of time to assure that you do not miss anything you are interested in. Mining Indaba 2018 will feature a host of speakers, making it very important to know where the stages are, and at what time your favourite speakers will be delivering their speeches. The main stage cannot be missed, as it is separate from the exhibition areas, and has enough room to host several key speakers at the event. The second stage is specifically for the Junior Mining Forum, and can be found at the opposite side of the building, next to the Networking and Coffee zones. A third stage will be introduced for Government Sessions and Technical Tracks, with the Speed Networking area separating this stage from the Junior Mining Forum area.
Other zones include the Business Matchmaking Zone and the Investment Battlefield, with exhibition spaces making up the rest of the available floor space in the building. A host of junior mining companies, speakers, and investors will be attending the Mining Indaba 2018, offering excellent opportunities for mining companies in South Africa. Scan Display will be in attendance, so feel free to come and have a look at our exhibition solutions.
Now that you have a good idea of what to expect at Mining Indaba 2018, be sure to have a look at our products and solutions for your exhibition stands. For more information, feel free to peruse our website at your leisure, or contact us directly with your enquiries. Kick off 2018 on the right note at Mining Indaba 2018, and let Scan Display help you to achieve success with a proper exhibition stand at one of South Africa’s big international conferences for 2018.
Getting To the Nugget of the Mining Indaba
The Investing in African Mining Indaba is a yearly exhibition and conference focusing on mining development and capitalisation in Africa. With an 18 year history the Investing in Mining Indaba is the premier event for investing in African mining.
The world’s most influential investors and stakeholders attend this event at the Convention Centre in Cape Town. There are over six thousand five hundred representatives hosting stands with exhibition banner displays, forums and speaker sessions.
Events at the Mining Indaba
The annual Mining Indaba is a key forum for mining analysts, investment specialists, fund managers and governments to get together and make decisions pertaining to African mines. By sharing ideas and opinions, attendees can get the latest developments from leading experts. There are exhibition banner displays and many other interesting sessions to provide insight and information:
- Keynote Speakers – some of the leading authorities share their insight on the state of African mining. Amongst the more notable keynote speakers in recent years are Tom Butler, Dr. Barry Eichegreen and Dr. David Evans.
- Feature Speakers – along with the keynote speakers some feature speakers are invited to give their analysis and expert opinions on mining. Some feature speakers who have graced the Mining Indaba include Ibukun Adebayo (London Stock Exchange), Ben Aryee (CEO Ghana Mineral Commission), Mamdou Barry (World Bank) and Ian Benning (CEO ZYL Limited).
- Exhibition Banner Displays – There are many representatives from various companies and organisations with stands. Professionals are geared to provide information and share ideas on the latest trends and display their products and services. By showcasing exhibition banner displays they can illustrate the latest technologies and information pertaining to the mining industry.
- Securities Exchange Sessions – These are sessions designed specifically to assist delegates and sponsors with education in areas of mining. These areas include natural resources, capital markets, liquidity and diverse investment opportunities. Financial and legal experts take the floor and share information. The session ends with a Q & A and social networking.
- Discussion on Sustainable Development – Member companies discuss the challenges of sustainability with regard to their core business practices. Areas of discussion include climate change and sustainability issues that Africa will face in the next 20 years. Business strategies are analysed and questions are asked on how it can be aligned to contribute to growth and development, while minimising the environmental impacts that are negative. Conservation and mining are also addressed and the biggest constraints are looked at and discussed.
- Gala Dinner – There is an annual Gala dinner which is highly anticipated. This limited attendance event is a way for delegates and attendees to mix in an informal environment. It is hosted each year at the lush and breath taking gardens of the Vergelegen Estate.
The Investing in African Mining Indaba is an event that is at the forefront of African mining. With the thousands of representatives and attendees, it is the pace to be if your business has any dealings with mining and investment in mining.