Make a Splash with PVC Banners for Outdoor Sports Events
Nothing brings people together like a good sports event. As a business owner you could do great marketing with PVC banners for outdoor sports events.
South Africa has many mass participation sports events that draw in crowds totalling in the tens of thousands. If you have a brand (particularly associated with sports) using PVC banners for outdoor sports events is a great way to establish your brand.
You might ask why PVC banners for outdoor sports events? When it comes to outdoor banners the most commonly used material is heavy weight vinyl which is technically known as PVC. PVC stands for polyvinyl chloride and is a plastic which is the third most widely produced in the world. It’s a very popular material since it is cost effective, durable and easy to work with.
PVC banners for outdoor sports events are especially eye catching and used to advertise a product or simply as brand building, emblazoned with a company or product logo. There are several types of PVC banners which make use of separate design techniques in their production:
- Digitally Printed Banners – The design on a digitally printed banner is applied with a water based ink. They contain durable pigments and materials making them UV and fade resistant when used outdoors. This is the most popular choice for PVC banners for outdoor sports events.
- Banner With Vinyl Letters – This design technique makes use of individual vinyl elements cut out by a vinyl cutter (which is computer operated). It’s then applied with an adhesive to the banner to form the design.
- Screen Printed Banners – This makes use of screen printing to put the design on the banner. Screens making up a stencil are used to lay down multiple colours. High performance presses can print large volumes in an hour and makes it a suitable choice for large volume PVC banners for outdoor sports events.
PVC Banners for Outdoor Sports Events: Where to Use Them
South Africa is a country that loves its sports, not only to watch, but to participate in. If your brand is sports related it’s a no brainer that it should make a presence and capitalise on the frenzy. If you’re looking for events with massive crowds to expose your brand to there are a few that are a must:
- The Comrades Marathon – This 90 kilometre road race is an annual event that takes place from Durban to Pietermaritzburg. It is the world’s oldest (started in 1921) and largest ultra marathon race with participation exceeding 23,000.
- Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Race – Know as ‘The Argus’, this cycle race is 109 kilometres long and is an annual competition taking place in Cape Town. As many as 31,000 cyclists take part as it stretches from Cape Town, down the Cape Peninsula and then back. One of the highlights is the climb up Chapman’s Peak.
- Dusi Canoe Marathon – The Dusi is known as the world’s most prestigious canoe/kayak race. It’s run along the Msunduzi River between Durban and Pietermaritzburg and draws in a crowd of spectators and paddlers totalling up to 5000. It’s held over three days and competitors have to complete 125 kilometres.
- Midmar Mile – The Midmar Mile is an annual swimming race held at the Midmar Dam near Pietermaritzburg. The distance is roughly a mile and is competed by amateur swimmers of all ages and professional swimmers. It attracts over 13,000 competitors and is the world’s largest open water swimming event (as per the Guinness Book of World Records).
- Super Rugby – This is the largest professional rugby union competition in the Southern Hemisphere. It started in 1996 and is a competition between domestic teams from South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. The teams compete for a silver trophy and the competition consisted of 91 games in the 2011 competition. It is followed annually by millions of viewers globally and attendance fills the local stadiums in South Africa, including Newlands, Loftus Versfeld, Coca Cola Park and Kings Park.
Brand exposure with PVC banners for outdoor sports events is a fundamental element to good marketing. Get your brand out there and reap the results.