Exhibitions and conferences are one of the ways marketing professionals make contacts and establish relationships. Marketing counters are one of the tools used when you have a stand at an exhibition. Smaller than shopping kiosks, it is one of the retail displays you would use within your marketing space.
What Are Marketing Counters?
Think of big trade shows like Mining Indaba, Electra Mining, and Markex. Usually it takes place in a massive hall or conference centre where each exhibitor is allocated a marketing area. Usually it’s a sort of cubicle or sectioned off squared for them to set up shopping kiosks and other retail displays.
The idea is to attract potential customers and showcase what you have to offer in the form of a product or service. At the forefront will be marketing counters – a podium styled desk which will display your brand and product. It also serves as a desk to display pamphlets and business card and an area for anyone to write notes or communication details. Basically marketing counters take a practical device and turn it into one of the retail displays.
Marketing counters are smaller than shopping kiosks, but still display your brand identity. They can come in various sizes and shapes to suit your needs. Some of the basic used in retail displays include:
- Flexi Counter – this is an above waist high counter that has a graphic display at the front – this is ideal to display your brand and/or product. It has optional door and shelving in the back to keep marketing materials and samples of your product.
- Promoter Counter – the promoter counter is light weight and very easy to assemble. It has a branding area at the front as well as signage raised up on two poles at the top. This is ideal for branding and communication contact detail like email and website address.
- RT Case Counter – The RT case is ideal for those that promote product often and need versatile and mobile marketing counters. It doubles as a transport device to keep all your products then converts into a waist high marketing counter – all you need to do is apply the wrap around branding.
The Advantages of Attending Exhibitions
Exhibitions are a great place to advertise your brand. Using marketing counters, shopping kiosks and retail displays you can establish a growing brand or reinforce an established one. Considering attending a trade show or exhibition can unlock some of the following advantages:
- Meet contacts and establish relationships with customers and other people in the field. It’s also an opportunity to meet up with other retailers and maintain relationships.
- Collect data and do market research. You’ll have a multitude of customers walking past your shopping kiosks and retail displays. Use the opportunity to collect data, do surveys and find out ways to improve your product. You can therefore do comparisons and make adjustments.
- Collect contact details to further market with. Exhibitions are a good way to collect names, numbers and email addresses. By doing email and SMS campaign you might attract customers through a different medium and keep existing customers abreast of new products or specials.
Having a stand at an exhibition is a great way to increase your business potential. You’ll have thousands of potential customers walking past your stand. Having an attractive stand to showcase your product goes a long way and using tools like marketing counters, shopping kiosks and retail displays makes it easy and convenient. In a sea of marketing competitors you want to stand out and with the right tools you’ll ensure success.