EuroShop is the world’s largest retail trade fair, taking place every three years in Germany, and showcasing the latest retail, display and exhibition industry trends. The Scan Display team identified five trends at this year’s show.
- Advances in digital technology are having a huge impact on how we communicate with our customers. Video is taking off, and LED screens were everywhere, sometimes occupying whole walls of stand structures.
- Improvements to LED screens mean the resolution is incredibly high, while screens are thinner and can be flexible or curved. Ultimately, any surface or shape can become the canvas for AV.
- Holograms and projections offer another way to create moving and changing visual displays. And just as LED screens are going onto all kinds of surfaces, so too are projections – onto floors, mesh fabrics, Perspex and other transparent materials, all of which creates interesting effects and textures.
- In some cases, AV is even replacing lighting, because it creates enough ambient lighting.
Lighting leaps forward
- Technological advances are also impacting the lighting industry, allowing for new ways to light displays. Front lighting, back lighting, down lighting and lights in the edging of shelves and in other structures all offer different techniques to draw attention to displays.
- Flexible LED lights give designers a tool to ‘draw’ with lighting.
- Lightboxes remain hugely popular and have in many ways displaced the traditional graphics panels with spotlights. The lighting quality of lightboxes ensures the graphics are vibrant, and there are no spotlights to detract from the graphic.
- Fluorescent lighting has disappeared, and LEDs rule the display space, offering improved colour intensity, as well as cost savings because of their energy efficiency.
Texture, texture and more texture
- Interesting textures remain a popular feature of modern displays.
- Another way to create texture is by using cut-outs, especially in stand walls where cut out patterns allow partial visibility into the stand, adding depth and perspective.
- Floating beams add to this effect, as does the use of interesting materials like patterned carpets and marbled floor vinyl.
- Texture is a useful design feature, as it attracts and holds the eye of visitors as they pause to make sense of what they are seeing.
- Experiential design – using your display to tell a story that engages your client’s senses and imagination – is another trend that continues to dominate displays.
- AV lends itself to telling stories, and interactive technology opens the door to more personalised experiences But the overall stand design, choice of colours and materials and the finishes used all help to tell the story of your brand, and this needs to stay top-of-mind when designing an exhibition stand.
- It’s critical that your story remains authentic and true to your brand.
Sustainability is growing
- Many of the stands at EuroShop included messaging about their sustainable initiatives. From going plastic-free, to offering energy-efficient and low-carbon solutions, many eco-friendly labels and statements were prominently displayed.
- Exhibitors are also exploring how best to use sustainable materials – from natural wood (free of varnishes and paints, which can be environmentally harmful and reduce its re-use applications), to lightweight fabrics, cardboard and even paper.
- There were splashes of greenery, although many exhibitors used plastic plants. While plastic isn’t a sustainable material, it is low maintenance, re-usable and transports easily, which could be seen as having advantages in the long-term.
Africa Rail 2020 – The Largest and Most Impressive Rail Event in Johannesburg
The largest and most impressive conference and exhibition in the African rail industry will be hosted at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg from 30 June to 1 July 2020. Called Africa Rail, the event is for stakeholders and leaders invested in the rail and transport service delivery in Africa.
More than 7 500 attendees are expected at the event where more than 250 exhibitors will showcase their products and services. The exhibition will run alongside the conference where 250 speakers will deliver exciting and thought-provoking speeches. Discussion groups and 220 sessions are more reasons to consider visiting or exhibiting at this impressive event. Representatives from over 30 countries are expected at the two-day event too.
Key Focus of Africa Rail 2020
The event is about investment opportunities, development discussions, and technology exhibitions by and for rail stakeholders, operators, investment partners, consultants, transport experts, governments, and users of the services. It provides a platform for idea development, industry disruptions, and staying in the loop regarding freight and passenger rail transport services and needs on the African continent.
Industry professionals, end-users, and other attendees visit the exhibition and participate in the conference because they have a vested interest in rail technology and innovative projects in transportations of goods and people.
The Africa Rail 2020 will be hosted for the 23rd time. As a long-standing event, it has become the most important of its kind for all role players in Africa. It is the go-to-event for networking with solution providers in the rail industry.
Among the many important speakers are:
- Professor Johan du Plessis from the University of Johannesburg
- Victor Radebe as the Executive Director at the Mobility Centre for Africa
- Duncan Bonnett as Director at Africa House, South Africa
- Howard Rosen as Chairman of the Rail Working Group from Switzerland
- Leonard Makwinja as CEO of Botswana Railways
With more than 245 other speakers also on the list, the event will be jam-packed with important discussions.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
The event organisers have called for sponsors and exhibitors to book their stands and pledge their sponsorships. The target audience is mostly senior-level decision-makers in the rail and transport industry. Africa Rail’s event organisers provide tailored spaces for exhibitors. Sponsors benefit from naming rights, opportunities to host panels and guaranteed meetings, in addition to keynote branding.
Top Reasons to Attend Africa Rail 2020
Attendees benefit from the exceptional programme packed with innovative keynote addresses, product launches and demonstrations, and peer-to-peer meetings. The event will also feature:
- Skills development seminar
- Workshops on leadership
- Rail tech academy
- Start-up pavilion
- Rail maintenance discussion
- Inter-model display
- Smart mobility display
- Hosted purchaser programme
- Operators pavilion
- Site visits
- Women in transport
- Transport awards
- Africa Rail bursary
Influential buyers will attend, while top brands and players in the industry will exhibit. Past sponsors and exhibitors include names such as RailPro, Liquid Telecom and Union Tiles, to name only three.
Interested parties should not pass on the opportunity to visit, host, and participate at the Africa Rail 2020.
The African Aerospace and Defence 2020 Exhibition
Mark September 2020 as the month of importance on your calendar. Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD) 2020, as the most impressive aerospace and defence expo, will be hosted from 16 to 20 September 2020 at the Waterkloof Air Force base in Centurion.
The AAD Expo ranks amongst the country’s top GDP contributors. It is also the only event of its kind that combines an air show with a trade exhibition in Africa. With its status as an income generator for the country, it is revered as a valuable asset for South Africa. The AAD Expo also adds tremendous prestige for the event hosting industry.
- Business from 10h30 to 17h00 on 16 September 2020.
- Business from 09h00 to 17h00 from 17 to 18 September 2020.
- General from 09h00 to 17h00 from 19 to 20 September 2020.
More than 480 exhibitors are expected at the bi-annual event with an estimation of visitors set at over 32 500.
The AAD 2020 is hosted at the Waterkloof Air Force Base in Centurion, Gauteng.
- Department of Defence, South Africa
- City of Tshwane
- AMD – South African Aerospace Maritime & Defence Industries Association
The main sponsors include the likes of Reutech and Milkor.
Exhilarating Air Show
The AAD air show impresses by any standard. It includes mobility track demonstrations, aerobatic displays and air demonstrations. In addition, visitors are treated to an exceptional range of static displays of air force and aviation technologies, including a range of aircraft from the most prominent names in the aerospace industry.
Several facilities are offered to entertain the young minds as well, including a Youth Development Programme that entails plastic model building, target practice, forensic investigation, aviation simulator and introduction to first aid. These activities are hosted at a pavilion, specifically purposed for the youth activities.
Reasons to Visit
Public visitors are impressed with the range of displays, many activities offered, and the exceptional air demonstrations. Trade visitors attend because it is the only event of its kind in Africa that includes an international conference and defence exhibition, covering sectors in defence on land, sea and air.
The latest technologies are on display, providing insight as to the design trends in the industries. In addition, it provides the perfect platform for meeting key players and forging new business relationships. Of course, the event also provides opportunities for reinforcing existing relationships among government departments and defence force sectors across the African continent.
With thousands of trade and public visitors attending, it provides for the ideal platform to showcase your products and brand. The AAD attracts many international investors and key decision-makers in the aerospace and defence sectors.
Participation in the event provides for access to policymakers and opportunities to showcase projects to defence and prime contractors. Global media coverage of the event provides superb brand exposure and the chance to align your firm’s brand with top international brands. The event also includes a jam-packed programme for the international defence delegations.
Exhibition opportunities exist for small- to medium-sized businesses to gain more brand exposure on the local market at the Country Pavilions.
More information is available at the official website for AAD 2020.
Seamless Africa 2020 – Leading Event for Payment Systems
Seamless Africa, with its over 200 exhibitors and 1000 attendees, is hosted at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg from 7 to 8 April 2020. The event is relevant to the retail finance and insurance industries.
As the leading event on payment and commerce systems in southern Africa, Seamless boasts a conference and tradeshow. With separate agendas for the tradeshow and the conference, it is an exciting and must-attend event for anyone interested or involved in payment systems, retail, and E-commerce.
Seamless Africa 2020 also includes the free shared expo where the leading technology service providers in southern Africa display their newest technologies. Several product demonstrations form part of the event. These demonstrations take about 30 minutes each.
With a networking app in place, attendees can connect with participants at the event. To do so is as easy as downloading the app and scheduling meetings for the event days. In addition, the event includes seminars where experts share their knowledge and insights. It provides the perfect platform to exchange ideas and benefit from credible peer-to-peer teaching and learning.
The event also includes the Seamless E-commerce University that covers all the how-to questions regarding the setting up and managing of an online business. Attendees thus gain valuable knowledge and tools to achieve a competitive edge in the world of online business generation.
The exhibitor component is equally exciting with top players in the industry displaying their innovations alongside start-ups gaining a foothold in the industry.
Organised by Terrapin (Pty) Ltd South Africa, the event addresses the disruptive elements in the payment industry. Revolutionary technologies for payments in the retail industry, banking, lending, and insurance technologies are introduced at the event.
Participants from the bank, insurance, and financial technologies attend and exhibit, catering to the knowledge and networking needs of the senior-level audience. Commerce professionals have opportunities to forge new business partnerships, gain access to the best technologies, and discuss challenging issues.
Who should attend, sponsor or exhibit at Seamless Africa?
Role players, start-ups, manufacturers, representatives, and marketing teams operating in the categories listed below benefit from attendance, sponsoring and exhibiting at the event:
- Payment processors
- Chip manufacturers
- Chip integrators
- Banking technology
- Fintech innovation
- ID & security
- Payment platforms
- Payment issuers
- Loyalty programmes
- Implementation partners
- Mobile commerce solution providers
- Cash handling
- POS solutions
- Data analytics
The event provides a venue for meeting up, sharing ideas, exhibiting technologies and learning from experts. With its target audience being mainly professionals in the categories mentioned, exhibitors and sponsors have a targeted audience, relevant to their particular industries. As such, they receive superb value for their time and money.
More than 150 speakers from over 25 African countries address delegates at the conference.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Open banking
- Payment evolution
- Mobile interoperability
- Transforming banking
- Data-driven innovation
- Digital banking
- Alternative technologies
- ID and authentication
- Digital ID
- Financial technology
- Financial integration
- VAS, CX and UX
- Insurance technology
- Regulatory framework for insurtech
- Insurtech customer technology
- Data and analytics relevant to insurtech
- Core banking technology
- Data innovation in banking technology
- Innovation in banking
- Connected banking
Separate agendas are set for insurance technology, bank technology, financial technology and payments. Don’t miss the leading payments conference and expo. Visit, sponsor, and exhibit at the Seamless Africa 2020 event.
How Innovative Fabric Shell Schemes Make Custom Display Booths Possible
The traditional shell scheme used by event organisers and exhibition venues have some limitations, especially when it comes to the creation of custom display booths.
Problems with traditional shell schemes
The panels are heavy and difficult to set up. With posts separating the panels, it is almost impossible to create seamless graphic display walls. In addition, the panels scratch, and the vinyl-based graphic prints cannot be re-used. This makes custom display stands expensive and tedious to design and set-up.
How our solutions make it easier to set up exhibition stands
With the new and innovative fabric shell scheme as available through us, it is possible to address all the mentioned problems. Seamless fabric walls are easily attached to the posts. With the lightweight of the scheme, setting up event booths is faster and more cost-efficient; the latter being an added bonus.
Components of the fabric shell scheme
It consists of a modular aluminium system that makes it easy to create display stands that feature seamless fabric walls. This is possible because of the silicone edge graphic technology offered. The white poly twill fabric is stretched over the posts, from one corner to the other. These panels can be replaced with custom graphic fabric walls.
The standard scheme consists of a 3 x 3 m booth. With only four aluminium posts as compared to the 10 posts of the traditional scheme, it is faster and easier to set up. Traditional schemes for exhibition booths consist of 32 locks and nine panels to insert. The new schemes have only 12 locks to tighten with three panels to attach.
The system is dark grey powder-coated for easy fading into the background. This also helps to emphasise the graphics. We offer the scheme in 1 m, 2 m, 3 m, and 4 m wall modules. As such, it is possible to create display booths according to space availability.
The fabric can be re-used, washed, and stored. With several wall-length options, all the exhibition booths at an event can look as if custom designed. The scheme has a sophisticated look and feel, which adds visual appeal to any stand. The fabric scheme can also be used at conference entrances.
Re-usability of graphics and easy transportation
The lightweight components of the scheme make it easier to dismantle and transport. Clients can use their graphics at other events as well. With such, fully customisable display booths are possible at a fraction of the time and cost of the conventional plastic panel schemes that are heavy and take up more space in storage.
Improve your exhibition spaces with our range of solutions
We offer a range of options to create stunning and innovative stalls. Such also includes counters, pop-up displays, brochure stands and banners. Offer your exhibitors more choices and improved booths with our custom options. Get in touch for more information about our stand building options including the innovative fabric shell schemes for your exhibition or trade show.